Dr. P.G. Vargis
I believe that a person must be a student till his last day. I learn new words in English and Hindi when I can. I read G.K. books and articles in the periodicals. I am not embarrassed to ask questions to those who know what I don't know. I learn. And then I teach.
I heard a true story while in Turkey. A man sentenced to be hanged saw another prisoner reading a poem. He said, "Friend, give me that book. I want to learn that poem that you read to me." The other man, "Learn a poem? But you will be hanged tomorrow." First, "Yes, true. I want to learn a poem before I die." Second, "What is the use?" First, "I can die as a man who learned something more before death."
A person, who stopped to learn, is dying in developing knowledge. What a shame!
Parents, Learn something every day. Students: Learn something more.
Our aim of running Rhema International School is to pick up those children who want to excel and help them to excel in studies and live a life of integrity. Wealth, fame and position are zeroes if the person does not have wisdom and integrity.
We will do all we can to impart knowledge, wisdom, character and integrity into every child who will join our school and finish the studies. We are here for you!!
When our first son Aby was in 12th grade in Delhi, the vice Principal of his school called my wife Lilly and said, "Madam I am in this teaching profession for years. I worked in different states and now in Delhi. Thousands of children passed our schools but I never saw a gentleman like your son. What is the secret?" Let me tell you the secret:
* We two live a model life before them. We don't fight, we don't shout. (When there is reason to show our unpleasantness, we select a time when the children are not at home.)
* They watch us studying. Studying books, magazines and Bible. We don't watch the TV serials and non-profiting programs. We invest our times in studying.
* We pray in our home as a family every evening. There is a proverb, "The family that prays together stays together."
* We read the Bible and give moral teaching to them in this family prayer. What is the use of a father telling his children about the harm of smoking if the father himself is smoking? What is the use of a mother rebuking the children for fighting if the parents are fighting and shouting at each other?
* As we read the Bible we read one chapter of the book of Proverb every day. We believe that God put 31 chapters in that book so we can read a chapter of the Bible of that date. This book taught my children the danger of wrong friends, drinking, fighting stealing and immorality. We did not have to drill it to them.
* That is one of the reasons that none of my 5 children made experiments with sin.
Children, come to our school; we will mold you to be a gentleman. Parents, send your children to us. We will give them teaching to make them the best person he/she could be with a kind heart too - towards the creation of God - that is man, animals and plants - the whole creation.
God gave you your child. We can mold them and impart all the four qualities that we aim - intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, character and integrity.
We will make the a better Hindu, better Sikh, better Buddhist, better Muslim, better Christian - in short a better human being with all the above characters.
Yours to change lives and build character in every child that will step in our school as a student.
Dr. P. G. Vargis